My blog is mostly a “stream of consciousness”. I explore many of the big questions about reality on my blog.
My main goals are:
- Create a welcoming environment for people of all beliefs.
- Learn from others.
- Help others in their own pursuit of knowledge and truth.
- Relate to those who may be going through a similar transition from religion as I did, in the hopes that it helps make their transition less painful than the one I went through.
- Help to make the process of thinking through these big questions a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Encourage people to think outside of the box when it comes to the big questions, in the hopes that the more people think about these things the closer we can all come to the truth about reality.
- Share my appreciation for objective methods in the pursuit of truth, such as the scientific method, and the fact that these methods can help us come to correct conclusions.
- Encourage others to support the use of objective and scientific methods in pursuing truth.
- Organize my incredibly random thoughts.
- Create a reference for me to look back on.
- Build bridges of communication with those who are religious, or “spiritual”.
- Attempt to help people realize that their negative views of people who don’t believe may be mis-informed.
- Offer a voice from those who typically stay quiet regarding religion – agnostics, “nones”, or possibilians.
- Help people realize that more extreme forms of belief may be harmful to themselves as well as society.
- Improve our world so everyone can live better lives – overall goal which encompasses much of the above goals.
Please feel free to comment on any post or page that I have on my blog, no matter how old they are. All comments are welcome unless they have a nasty tone to them. Yeah, tough to tell where the line is on that one, but just use your best judgment – I don’t plan on having a detailed policy page, but if things seem like they are going in the wrong direction I may try and redirect sometimes. I want this to be a welcoming environment for people of all beliefs.